In this session we will:
• Identify allies in your organization and how to keep them on your side when tough decisions must be made.
• Review time management strategies that help focus your time most effectively on the issues that are both strategically important and “human” centric.
• Identify opportunities to drive safety engagement by delegating responsibilities and increasing ownership among supervisors and employees.
• Learn how to communicate the value of safety initiatives to secure needed resources.
• Discuss utilizing outside resources that can assist you in making the biggest impact on safety.
Cathi Marx is a health, safety, insurance, and risk management professional with over 35 years of hands-on and consulting experience. She is the Vice President of risk and safety services at Aspen Risk Management Group; a TRISTAR company. Cathi has also served in Risk and Safety Management positions for mid-sized companies. She spent time on both the carrier and insurance agency/broker side of business.
As a Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Manager for a technology company in San Jose she managed the domestic and international EH&S program. There Cathi played an integral role in obtaining ISO 14001 certification for the U.S. based manufacturing facility. As lead loss control consultant for San Jose office of an international brokerage firm, she managed the workload and service requirements for technology and semi-conductor clients throughout the U.S. Cathi also managed a 10-state territory of safety & health consultants for a multi-line insurance company, during which time she was responsible for service quality, productivity, cost effectiveness, and broker / client relationship.
Cathi was the ASSP San Diego Chapter President for two consecutive years and was awarded the Chapter Safety Professional of the year in 2015, and Region 1 Safety Professional of the Year also in 2015. She was also honored with the San Diego Chapter Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers; Insurance Woman of the year in 2017.
Cathi served for eight years in the United States Coast Guard Reserves in Port Safety & Security. She received an honorable discharge in 1992.